1200-1250 Emery Place (Emery Village)
Mosaic has submitted a preliminary application to redevelop this property.
The application as submitted proposes 352 condominium (owned) units, 49 market rental units, and 12 below-market rental units, in:
- two twelve-storey buildings
- two five-storey buildings
- 46 townhomes
There is no commercial space proposed.
Current status and progress updates
May 24, 2017 — Preliminary application concluded
Staff have concluded the preliminary application for this project, and are waiting for the developer to submit a detailed application.
February 15, 2017 — Early public input opportunity
The applicant is hosting a public meeting as an opportunity for area residents to ask questions and share their thoughts.
November 14, 2016 — Preliminary application received
Staff have received the preliminary application, and are currently reviewing it.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is currently occupied by 61 rental units.
Current land use designation
The Official Community Plan (OCP) designates this site as Residential Level 6: Medium Density Apartment (RES6).
If the project proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
The floor space ratio (FSR) is 2.03.
The application proposes:
- a new pedestrian connection to Kirkstone Park
- a new road on the north site of the site to facilitate the neighbourhood's future road network
- an extension of Emery Place to improve site access