You need a drainage permit to install or repair:
- storms or sanitary sewers
- sumps or seep away sumps (rock pits)
- catch basins
- pump systems
- general piping systems
Who can apply
The person doing the drainage work — either the registered homeowner or licensed contractor — can apply for the permit, unless the home has a secondary suite.
In homes with secondary suites, only a licensed contractor can apply for a permit.
How to apply
You can apply in person at the District Hall building department counter. Apply for your permit before work begins.
Are you the registered homeowner?
When you apply, you must submit:
- a drawing on standard site information
- a completed application form
Are you the contractor?
- have a valid business licence in the District
- have a valid trades qualification certificate
- submit a completed application form
Fees are based on the length of pipe.