We make committee appointments according to the Community Committees of Council policy, which ensures that membership is diverse and broadly reflective of the community with respect to age, gender, cultural background, occupation, and neighbourhood.
Applications for all committees are accepted throughout the year and kept on file for one year in the case of an opening. However, during certain times of the year, we actively recruit new members for certain committees.
- Advisory Design Panel
- Child Care Grants Advisory Committee
- Community Heritage Advisory Committee
- Community Services Advisory Committee
- Municipal Library Board
- Major Infrastructure Projects Advisory Committee
- North Shore Advisory Committee on Disability Issues
- North Vancouver Museum and Archives Commission
- Parks and Natural Environment Committee
- Public Art Advisory Committee
If you are a District resident and would like to volunteer to serve on a Committee, you can apply online.
Or if you prefer to apply in writing, you can mail your resume to the Clerk's Office at District Hall. Please include a cover letter that details your background/experience/expertise that is relevant to the committee you are applying to join.