New neighbourhood park on former Delbrook Lands
We are planning a new neighbourhood park on a portion of the land occupied by the old Delbrook Community Centre.
Our preferred plan for the park focuses on accessible and active recreation and sport amenities, and features multiple path connections and access to the natural areas and creek.
The plan is based on input we received during public consultation for the overall Delbrook Lands planning project, and considers these factors:
- Existing site conditions, amenities, and environment
- Community input on preferred uses and future amenities
- DNV park planning objectives
The park will be located next to the portion of the old Delbrook Lands that has been set aside for the proposed four-storey building designated for social housing.
- Learn about the complete planning process for the Delbrook Lands
- View details of our OCP amendment and rezoning application for the Delbrook Lands site
Park construction timeline
Demolition of the existing buildings will start in summer 2022 and continue into fall 2022. The daycare and tennis courts will remain open during the summer. Park construction is anticipated to begin in early 2023 after demolition is completed.
The park includes a grass ampitheatre, multi-use space with sport court, playground, bike skills area, exercise equipment, open grass area, tennis courts, and a pedestrian bridge over the creek.