Open data (GEOweb)
We provide free access to over 170 datasets, which you can use in your printed products or online services
Our datasets are updated automatically and refreshed each week, and every dataset comes with its own metadata, which provides valuable information on the origin, history, accuracy and completeness of the dataset.
Terms and conditions of use
We publish open data under the terms of the Open Government Licence - North Vancouver. You are encouraged to use the information that is available under this licence with only a few conditions.
Open government licence
We grant you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below. By using any information, you indicate that you accept these terms.
You are free to copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose. When you do, you must acknowledge the source of the information by including this attribution statement: "Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence - North Vancouver." Where possible, you must also provide a link to this licence.
The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the District, will end automatically.
This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- personal information
- information or records not accessible under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.)
- third party rights we are not authorized to licence
- our names, crests, logos, or other official marks
- information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
This licence does not grant you any right to use the information in a way that suggests any official status, or that the District endorses you or your use of the information.
- The information is licensed "as is," and we exclude all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law
- We are not liable for any errors or omissions in the information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage
- This licence is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada
- Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of British Columbia
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- Information — means information resources or Records protected by copyright or other information or Records that is are offered for use under the terms of this licence
- We — means The District of North Vancouver
- Personal information — has the meaning set out in Schedule 1 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.)
- Records — has the meaning set out in section 29 of the Interpretation Act (B.C.)
- You — means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
This is version 2.0 of the Open Government Licence for District of North Vancouver Information. We may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.
About this licence
Our licence to use our data is based on Version 2 of the Open Government License - British Columbia, which was developed through public consultation and a collaborative effort by provincial and federal government. The only substantive changes in this licence are to replace direct references to the Province of British Columbia with the District of North Vancouver, and to rephrase the terms using plain language.