Mayor Richard Walton
Richard Walton is serving his fourth term as Mayor of North Vancouver District, and is in his 19th year of elected public service.
Mayor Walton is a Chartered Accountant and in 2012 was honoured with the designation of FCA for lifetime achievement. He has taught and administered within the public school system, worked as an international tour guide in Scandinavia and Russia, and also served in senior management positions within the accounting profession and business.
In 2011 Mayor Walton received, on behalf of North Vancouver District, the United Nations Sasakawa Award for World Leadership in the area of Planning for and Responding to Natural Disasters; in 2013 he was awarded the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal for Distinguished Service to his community.
Mayor Walton still plays league ice hockey and is a passionate outdoorsman. He and his wife have four adult children and two grandchildren.
- Director, Metro Vancouver
- Trustee, Municipal Finance Authority of BC
- Mayors’ Council - TransLink
- North Vancouver Police Committee
- Finance and Intergovernment Committee - Metro Vancouver
- Federal Gas Tax Task Force - Metro Vancouver
- Chair, Performance and Audit Committee, Metro Vancouver
- Mayors Committee - Metro Vancouver
Stay in touch