2010 Marine Drive / 1633 Capilano Road (Grouse Inn)
Council approved a development permit for this project on April 16, 2018.
The application includes:
- 258 residential units
- 96 one-bedroom
- 138 two-bedroom
- 24 three-bedroom
- commercial space, including a small grocery store, a restaurant, retail space, and a daycare
- approximately 464 parking spaces on two levels underground
Status and progress updates
April 16, 2018 — Development permit issued
At their regular meeting, Council approved the development permit for this application. You can read the staff report with recommendation in the 'Related documents and web content' tab.
March, 2018 — Revised application received
July 15, 2017 — Revised application received
Staff have received a revised submission from the application team, and are currently reviewing it.
December 31, 2016 — Under review
This project is currently under review. We anticipate receiving a revised submission sometime in the new year.
September 21, 2016 — Public information meeting
Pacific Gate Investments held a public information meeting for neighbours regarding their detailed development permit application.
Residents learned how plans for the development have been refined — such as the addition of retail space suitable for a small supermarket — since rezoning was approved in 2014.
July 15, 2016 — Development permit application
We received the detailed development permit application for this project, and staff are currently reviewing it.
November 3, 2014 — Rezoning approved
Council approved the rezoning of the Grouse Inn site. You can review the related staff report to Council in the 'photos, drawings, renderings, documents' tab.
Additional proposal details
The site is:
- located in Lions Gate Village on the northwest corner of Capilano Road and Marine Drive
- approximately 2.6 acres (1.056 hectares)
- the current location of the Grouse Inn Hotel and adjacent vacant gas station
The proposal includes:
- a public plaza at the corner of Capilano Road and Marine Drive
- land for a new pocket park on Curling Road
- land for road improvements
This site has been rezoned to Comprehensive Development Zone 81 (CD81).
The proposed development is in accordance with the objectives for Capilano Village in the District's Official Community Plan (OCP), and with the approved zoning.
Related documents and web content
Related web content
- Learn about Lions Gate Village
- Review the Official Community Plan
- Learn about development permit areas
Related Council documents
April 16, 2018 — Final development permit consideration
- Read the staff report with recommendation (starts on page 199) 87MB
November 3, 2014 — Rezoning adopted by Council
- Review the adoption report and associated bylaw (starts on page 33)
May 26, 2014 — Rezoning proposal presented to Council
- Review the staff report that summarizes the proposal (starts on page 35)
Stay up-to-date on local development proposals
Learn about significant new developments proposed in your neighbourhood, and across the District.