3260 Edgemont Boulevard - Grosvenor
Grosvenor Edgemont Holdings Ltd has made a detailed application to rezone this property in order to develop a new, mixed-use commercial/residential building.
The rezoning application proposes:
- 82 residential units consisting of 23 one- and two-level townhomes and 59 apartments
- a height of three storeys, with a partial fourth storey in one location
- 371 underground parking stalls with access off Ayr Avenue
- 159 bicycle parking spaces
- approximately 63,400 square feet of new commercial space — including a grocery store and potentially a restaurant
Current status and progress updates
June 2016 — Building permit
Staff are currently reviewing the building permit application for this project.
December 7, 2015 — Rezoning bylaw adopted and development permit issued
At the regular meeting, Council adopted the rezoning bylaw (Bylaw 8122) and the accompanying housing agreement bylaw (Bylaw 8213), and voted to issue the final development permit.
July 6, 2015 — Second and third reading
The rezoning bylaw (Bylaw 8122) and the accompanying housing agreement bylaw (Bylaw 8123) were given second and third reading at the regular meeting of Council.
June 23, 2015 — Public hearing held
Council held a public hearing, where residents provided input on this application.
June 1, 2015 — Referred to public hearing
Bylaw 8122, which rezones the site, was given first reading by Council on June 1, 2015, and was referred to a public hearing.
Council also gave first reading to Bylaw 8123, a housing agreement bylaw, which ensures that future residential owners will be able to rent their suites.
May 14, 2014 — Early input opportunity by Grosvenor Edgemont Holdings
The developer hosted an information meeting to give the public an opportunity to comment on this application. Approximately 230 residents attended the meeting.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is:
- located at the north end of Edgemont Village and is bordered by Edgemont Boulevard, Ridgewood Drive, Ayr Avenue, and Connaught Crescent
- currently occupied by a grocery store, Highlands Professional Centre, and four residential properties
- approximately 2.12 acres (0.86 hectares)
The subject properties are currently zoned General Commercial 2 (C2) and Single Family Residential Edgemont (RSE).
The proposed development is in accordance with the Edgemont Village Centre Plan and Design Guidelines in the District's Official Community Plan (OCP).
This proposal requires rezoning and a housing agreement bylaw. It also requires a development permit for form and character of commercial and mixed use buildings, and energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
If rezoning proceeds, a Development Permit application would be forwarded to Council for consideration.
The floor space ratio (FSR) proposed is approximately 1.67, which is less than the maximum permitted in the OCP for sites designated Commercial Residential Mixed Use Level 1.
The building is 15.85m (52 ft) high, as measured from the average grade of the sloping site.
The residential units are a mix of 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom and den, 2 bedroom and den, 3 bedroom, and 3 bedroom and den.
Amenities and benefits
If rezoning is approved and Council subsequently issues a development permit, the District will receive a community amenity contribution of about $1.47 million.
Other benefits include:
- improvements to existing servicing infrastructure
- bicycle lanes
- street trees and landscaping
- traffic signal at the Edgemont Boulevard/Ridgewood Drive intersection
- improvements to the bus bay on Edgemont Boulevard
No new roads are required. Access to underground parking and a loading area will be off Ayr Avenue. There is a secondary loading area off of Ridgewood Drive.
Photos, drawings, renderings, documents
Select any image to view a larger size.
Review related Council reports (starts on page 15)
Links to related information
Stay up-to-date on local development proposals
Learn about significant new developments proposed in your neighbourhood, and across the District.