Building and renovating

If you want to make changes to your property or building, you will need to apply for permits from the District. This ensures that your project aligns with all municipal bylaws and regulations, as well as BC Building Code requirements.

When you need to apply for a building permit

You will need to apply for building permits for:

  • new construction
  • demolishing a house
  • altering or adding to an existing building (such as adding a deck or bathroom, or renovating a kitchen)
  • accessory buildings, garages, swimming pools, retaining walls
  • adding a secondary suite

Apply for a building permit

Do I need to submit a development application?

You need to apply to:

  • develop or build on a property within a development permit area
  • change the zoning of your property
  • subdivide your property
  • put up a sign

Learn about developing property

Was this page helpful?

Thanks for your input.