904-944 Lytton Street (Seymour Estates)
Anthem Properties Group has applied to redevelop this property. The application as submitted proposes dividing the large site into four smaller sites, in order to develop approximately 341 homes in phases:
- Site one — an apartment building with 119 units
- Site two — a series of townhouses with a total of 102 units
- Site three — a series of townhouses with a total of 31 units
- Site four — a rental apartment building with a total of 89 units (33 of which are to be rented at below market rates)
Each site will have its own parking, to meet the need for residential and visitor parking. At this time, over 580 parking spaces are proposed across the project.
October 5, 2019 — Public open house
The applicant hosted a public open house, which is not required as part of the application process. The public open house is your chance to ask questions and express your views to the developer.
March 30, 2019 — Review continues
Staff continue to review the detailed application for this project. While the proposal is under review, Anthem Developments plans to demolish the existing buildings on the site due to their age and condition.
October 4, 2017 — Public information meeting
The applicant held a public information meeting, which we require as part of the application process. The public information meeting is your chance to ask questions and express your views.
May 26, 2017 — Detailed application received
Staff have received a detailed application to rezone the entire site, and to issue a development permit for sites 1 and 2, next to Mount Seymour Parkway. The expectation is that sites 3 and 4 would be constructed at a later date.
June 29, 2016 — Preliminary application completed
Staff completed their review of the preliminary application. If the applicant wishes to proceed with this project, the next step is to submit a detailed application.
October 8, 2015 — Preliminary application received
Staff received the preliminary application and started reviewing it.
Additional proposal details
The property is currently occupied by 114 townhouses in eight buildings. Ron Andrews Community Centre is on the west side, and Windsor Secondary School is to the southeast.
Current land use designation
The land is currently designated Residential Level 5: Low Density Apartment (RES5) in the Official Community Plan (OCP).
If the application proceeds, it will require rezoning. It will also require a development permit for:
- Form and character of commercial, industrial, and multi-family development
- Energy and water conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Wildfire hazard
The proposed floor space ratio is 1.28.
Access improvements and other benefits
The application proposes:
- improvements to the public areas along Mount Seymour Parkway and Lytton Street
- a new pedestrian connection from Lytton Street to Broadview Drive
- a new street within the property with access from Lytton Street
Stay up-to-date on local development proposals
Learn about significant new developments proposed in your neighbourhood, and across the District.