Find out more about our COVID-19 response and supports for residents and businesses.
Request an inspection for your permitted work
Most work you do with a permit requires an inspection. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or contractor to arrange for all inspections at the right time.
Inspections during the COVID-19 situation
Inspections are still available during the current COVID-19 situation. However, to protect the health of our inspectors and members of the public, please observe these rules:
- Premises to be inspected has to be unoccupied
- One representative must be on site who can provide entry to the premises, and witness the inspection
- Appropriate social distancing etiquette must be observed throughout the visit
- You must reschedule the inspection if your representative shows any signs of illness
We reserve the right to cancel the inspection if the inspector considers that these requirements have not been met.
Questions for your inspector? In-person meetings at District Hall are not being held at this time. Please call 604.990.2480.
Requesting your inspection online
You can request your building and mechanical inspections online (with the exception of homeowner electrical inspections). Just complete this form, and a staff member will contact you to confirm your inspection date.
If you submit your request by 2:30pm Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays), you can schedule your inspection for the next business day.
Do you need an electrical inspection?
We do not book electrical inspections online at this time. Here's how to request your electrical inspection:
- For electrical work completed by contractors — Submit a completed authorization and declaration of compliance form
- For electrical work completed by homeowners — Call 604-990-2480
Complete this form to request your inspection
If you have trouble completing the form, please call Development Services to request your inspection: 604-990-2480.