Request an inspection for your permitted work
Most work you do with a permit requires an inspection. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or contractor to arrange for all inspections at the right time.
Inspections during the COVID-19 situation
Inspections are still available during the current COVID-19 situation. However, to protect the health of our inspectors and members of the public, please observe these rules:
- Premises to be inspected has to be unoccupied
- One representative must be on site who can provide entry to the premises, and witness the inspection
- Appropriate social distancing etiquette must be observed throughout the visit
- You must reschedule the inspection if your representative shows any signs of illness
We reserve the right to cancel the inspection if the inspector considers that these requirements have not been met.
Questions for your inspector? Please phone or email your inspector directly or contact our team at 604-990-2480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting your inspection online
You can request your building and mechanical inspections on this page (with the exception of electrical and tree replanting inspections). Just complete the form on this page, and a staff member will contact you to confirm your inspection date.
If you submit your request by 2:30pm Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays), you can schedule your inspection for the next business day.
Inspections you can't request online
Here's how to request your electrical inspection:
- For electrical work completed by contractors — Submit a completed authorization and declaration of compliance form
- For electrical work completed by homeowners — Call 604-990-2480
Tree replanting inspections
Before booking a tree replanting inspection, make sure you complete all the requirements your tree permit indicates.
You don't need an in-person inspection if you can email these documents with your request to email@example.com:
- Photographs of the replanted tree(s)
- A site plan drawing showing where the trees are placed on your property
If you don’t have these documents available, email us to arrange an in-person inspection.
To book a tree replanting inspection on District property, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Complete this form to request your inspection
If you have trouble completing the form, please call Development Services to request your inspection: 604-990-2480.