Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
Wildfire Hazard Development Permit Area (DPA)
Through the Wildfire Hazard DPA, we can:
- minimize the risk to people and property from wildfires
- reduce wildfire hazards while addressing environmental issues
- reduce the risk of post-fire landslides, debris flows, and erosion
Is your property within a Wildfire Hazard DPA?
The yellow on this map indicates the boundaries of the Wildfire Hazard DPA. If your property is within the boundaries, and you are planning to build or alter the land, you may need to apply for a permit.
Complete DPA overview
You can view complete details of all Development Permit Areas in Schedule B of the Official Community Plan (OCP), including requirements and definitions.
View Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
Specfic requirements, guidelines, and exemptions
- Wildfire Hazard DPA FAQ (PDF; 90.3KB)
- Wildfire Hazard DPA brochure (PDF; 1.4MB)
- Wildfire Hazard DPA details from Schedule B of the OCP (PDF; 18.2MB)
- Wildfire Hazard master requirements SPE115 (PDF; 104KB)
- Wildfire hazard DPA application form (PDF; 574KB)