Find a dog park
Dogs are allowed in many of our parks and trail systems. Parks where you can take your dog — both on- and off-leash — are shown on this map.
We are working on a new, web friendly dog walker's guide with improved maps and information for on- and off-leash parks and trails. In the meantime, you may find our standard dog walker's brochure — which contains detailed maps of dog parks throughout the District — useful. Download the dog walker's guide (PDF; 6MB)
Areas where dogs are not permitted
Please do not take your dog to any:
- playground, picnic area, beach
- playing field, fitness circuit, running track
- golf course, bowling green, tennis court
Dogs are also not permitted on the grounds of North Vancouver Cemetery.
Proper dog etiquette
Please keep our parks safe and enjoyable for the whole community. Follow these rules for responsible dog ownership when you bring your dog to a park:
- Please dispose of your dog's droppings responsibly
- Keep your dog out of creeks, streams, and ponds
- Please do not allow your dog to dig holes
- Don't let your dog chase wildlife
- Please do not bring more than three dogs to the park at any one time
- Do not leave your dog unattended
- Be sure your dog is licensed and has proper vaccinations
License your dog
If you live in the District and you have a dog, you are required to have a dog licence.
The fees that we collect help support our animal shelter, which cares for lost and injured animals and provides animal adoption services.