Hold an event in a park

Are you interested in hosting a race, trail, or community event in a park or public space? All park events need to be booked in advance, and are subject to availability.

Community festivals and special events

Community events in parks and public open spaces are booked through the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission (NVRCC).

Applications for 2019

The NVRC application period has opened, and you're invited to submit your application prior to January 31, 2019.

New events, or events that have significant changes, and take place between January and April 2019 will be reviewed early to allow sufficient time for event planning.

Get more details 

How the application process works

  1. Submit your application or proposal to the Community Events office 
  2. NVRCC reviews your application to make sure it's suitable for the proposed location, capacity of the proposed park, and a number of other considerations
  3. If NVRCC decides your event is suitable, they will inform you, and the permit process begins 

Get more details, and apply to hold an event in a park

Picnics, weddings/wedding photos, school events, nature walks

Wedding ceremonies and photo shoots, nature walks, and other outdoor events are booked through the North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission. You can apply online.

Apply to have a wedding, school event, or nature walk in a park

Sports fields and sports events

All individuals, groups, or teams who want to play on a North Vancouver sports field must have a confirmed booking with the North Vancouver Recreation Commission.

Apply online to book a sports field

Special occasions where liquor will be served

If you are holding an event where you would like to serve liquor — such as a beer garden — you will need to apply for a special occasion liquor licence.

Learn more about applying for a liquor license

Apply for a special occasion license