District Hall remains closed for most in-person visits, while community recreation centres, libraries, facilities, parks, and parking lots are reopening carefully as it becomes safe to do so.
Share your thoughts on the draft backyard hens bylaw
Council is considering a bylaw that would allow you to keep hens (female chickens) in your back yard, and they would like your input.
The draft bylaw includes these provisions:
- Only 2 – 6 hens allowed (no roosters)
- Hens have to be registered (owners will be able to do it online)
- Hens must be housed in a properly constructed chicken coop
- Hens will only be permitted on properties zoned Single Family Residential
- Coops and food will have to be properly maintained to prevent access by wildlife or other animals
How you can share your thoughts
The proposed bylaw will be presented at a public hearing on Tuesday, May 16 at 7pm.