Heating permit

You need a heating permit to install or alter forced air heating or hydronic heating systems.

Who can apply

The person doing the work – either the registered homeowner or a licensed contractor – can apply for the permit, unless the home has a secondary suite.

In homes with secondary suites, only a licensed contractor can apply for a permit.

How to apply

Are you the registered homeowner?

When you apply, you must submit:

Are you the contractor?

You must:


Fees are calculated based on BTUs. Refer to the fees and charges bylaw for details.

Get complete details in the fees and charges bylaw

Documents, forms, checklists