Following guidance from the province's Restart BC Plan and new health and safety regulations from WorkSafeBC, we are taking all necessary steps to protect public health and maintain the safety of our employees.
2035 Fullerton Avenue (Rezoning application)
LARCO Investments Ltd. had their rezoning approved on November 17, 2014, and are now in the development permit stage of the process. View the development application details.
The rezoning proposal included:
- redevelopment in four phases over ten years
- 451 residential units including 74 market rental units
- seven buildings with heights ranging from four to 18 storeys
- an underground mini storage facility
- a public community centre, park and plaza
- 631 underground parking spaces
Current status and progress updates
November 17, 2014 - Rezoning approved by Council
Council approved the rezoning of the LARCO site. The proposal moves on to the development permit stage of the process.
October 7 & 8, 2014 - Public hearing held
Council held a public hearing and hear from 46 speakers over two nights.
September 15, 2014 - Rezoning proposal considered
Council referred the project to public hearing which was scheduled for October 7, 2014.
January 12, 2014 - Applicant held a public information meeting
The meeting was held at the Capilano Rugby Club. Approximately 150 people attended.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is
- located in Lions Gate Village near Capilano Road and Marine Drive
- approximately 4.4 acres (1.771 hectares)
The site has been rezoned to a new Comprehensive Development Zone.
The proposed development is in accordance with the objectives for Capilano Village in the District's Official Community Plan.
The proposal is in keeping with the Capilano Village Plan. It will include:
- a mix of housing options
- commercial space, including a café
- a community centre
- a public plaza
- park space
- a public trail
- a new street connecting from Fullerton to Curling Road
This project also includes a new set of lights at the intersection of Curling Road and Capilano Road to improve access into the neighbourhood.