1175 Lynn Valley Road and 1280 East 27th Street
Bosa Development Corp. had their rezoning approved on July 7, 2014 and are now in the development permit stage of the process.
The development permit application proposes:
- 360 market residential units and six affordable rental units
- six buildings with heights ranging from four to 12 storeys
- approximately 50,000 square feet of new commercial space (including a grocery store)
- 846 underground parking stalls (including 242 commercial stalls)
Current status and progress updates
June 15, 2015 — Development permit issued
Council has issued the development permit for this project and construction is expected to begin late in 2015. Development permits cover building design, streetscape, public space and environmental protection (if required).
July 7, 2014 — Rezoning approved by Council
Council approved the rezoning of the Lynn Valley Centre site (including the old District Library site). The proposal has moved on to the development permit stage of the process.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is
- located in the Lynn Valley Town Centre and includes the site of the former Zellers store, the parking structure facing Mountain Highway and the former District Library site at 1280 East 27th Street
- approximately 4.8 acres (1.93 hectares)
Site layout: Select to view larger version
This site has been rezoned to Comprehensive Development Zone 80 (CD80).
The proposed development is in accordance with the objectives for Lynn Valley Town Centre in the District’s Official Community Plan (OCP) and the “flexible planning framework” for Lynn Valley Town Centre adopted by District Council on October 7, 2013.
The floor space ratio proposed is approximately 2.36 over the area of the site under redevelopment. (Floor Space Ratio, or FSR, is the ratio of the building area, divided by the site area – a 10,000 square foot building sitting on a site of 10,000 square feet has a Floor Space Ratio of 1.0).
Heights of the six building proposed range from four storeys to 12 storeys.
New roadways are proposed at the east and west sides of the proposed development, in accordance with the planning objectives for Lynn Valley Town Centre.
Stay up-to-date on local development proposals
Learn about significant new developments proposed in your neighbourhood, and across the District.