Rezoning application for 1175 Lynn Valley Road and 1280 East 27th Street
Bosa Development Corp. had their rezoning approved on July 7, 2014, and received their development permit on June 15, 2015. Constuction is now underway.
The application as submitted proposes:
- 393 market residential units and six affordable rental units, in six buildings with heights ranging from four to 12 storeys
- approximately 50,000 square feet of new commercial space (including a grocery store) located in a podium beneath four of the proposed buildings
- 871 underground parking stalls in the redeveloped portion of the site (including 272 commercial stalls) and 425 existing surface parking stalls will remain
Current status and progress updates
The application is at the development permit stage. One or more development permits applications will be necessary to allow the development to proceed. Development permits cover building designs, streetscape, public space and environmental protection (if required).
July 7, 2014 - Rezoning approved by Council
Council approved the rezoning of the Lynn Valley Town Centre site (including the old District Library site). The proposal moves on to the development permit stage of the process.
June 10, 2014 - Second and third readings passed
Council voted unanimously to pass second and third readings of the rezoning bylaws.
April 15 and 16, 2014 - Public hearing held
Council held a public hearing and heard from 64 speakers over two nights.
March 24, 2014 - Rezoning proposal considered
Council referred the project to public hearing which was scheduled for April 15, 2014.
February 19, 2014 - Public information meeting by Bosa Development Corp.
The meeting was held on site at the former Zellers store from 7 - 9pm by Chris Dikeakos Architects on behalf of Bosa Development Corp. The comment period for the public information meeting closed on March 5, 2014.
Additional proposal details, including site plan and overview
The site is
- located in the Lynn Valley Town Centre and includes the site of the former Zellers store, the parking structure facing Mountain Highway and the former District Library site at 1280 East 27th Street
- approximately 4.8 acres (1.93 hectares)
This site has been rezoned to Comprehensive Development Zone 80 (CD80).
The proposed development is in accordance with the objectives for Lynn Valley Town Centre in the District’s Official Community Plan (OCP) and the “flexible planning framework” for Lynn Valley Town Centre adopted by District Council on October 7, 2013.
Before construction can begin one or more development permits are required to determine building designs, streetscape, public space and environmental protection (if required).
The floor space ratio proposed is approximately 2.36 over the area of the site under redevelopment. (Floor Space Ratio, or FSR, is the ratio of the building area, divided by the site area – a 10,000 square foot building sitting on a site of 10,000 square feet has a Floor Space Ratio of 1.0).
New roadways are proposed at the east and west sides of the proposed development, in accordance with the planning objectives for Lynn Valley Town Centre.